Friday 25 May 2012

Buddhism for Kids

Rob Koo has written a wonderful book called Great Buddhist Stories which tells 14 stories from the Lotus Sutra and Gosho which teach children (and adults!) important virtues such as compassion, gratitude, etc.  This one comes from this month's Art of Living magazine, but it originally appeared in the SGI-USA magazine Living Buddhism.



Why not check out Rob's book "Great Buddhist Stories" which is available from most SGI websites' bookstores.

UK   -   http://www.sgi-uk.org/shop/book/great-buddhist-stories
USA -   http://bookstore.sgi-usa.org/product_p/6163.htm

8 comments:

  1. Hi,
    my name is Filippo and I am a member of Soka Gakkai in Italy,
    I've developed a Daimoku Counter for iPhone and I wish to know if you are interested in obtaining a free code for dowloading and give it a try. I think it is very amusing expecially for a kid, because the colored Map on it.
    You can chack the web site of the app: www.kokorozashi.info
    My Email is: pecoranera@me.com

    Let me know.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    Is there a list of the childrens stories in Rob Koos books...theres a particular one that Im after and im not sure which book it is in?

    - neil

    mail@neilthomas.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT BUDDHIST STORIES

    The Poor Woman and the Lamp
    The Jewel in the Robe
    The Dragon Gate
    Bodhisattva Never Disparaging
    The Phantom City
    The Six Wise Men and the Elephant
    The Boy Snow Mountains
    The Dragon Girl
    Virtue Victorious and the Mud Pie
    The Cold-Suffering Birds
    General Stone Tiger
    Mao Pao and the White Turtle
    The Four Meetings
    Chudapanthaka

    ReplyDelete
  4. MORE GREAT BUDDHIST STORIES

    King Golden Color
    The Special Robe
    The Brave Parrot
    The King and the Cobbler
    The Foolish Crocodile
    Shariputra and Vimalakirti
    The Three-Story House
    The One Eyed Turtle
    Healing the King
    Shakra and the Baby Bird
    The Question of the Chariot
    The Snake and the Bag of Gold
    Wu-Lung & I-Lung
    Sona and the Harp

    ReplyDelete
  5. The one I was looking for is not in the list but thank you so much. Really appreciated.
    - Neil

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would like to buy this book. I'm in Italy and I can find them on amazon. How can I buy it?

    ReplyDelete